Know what I love? I love someone else coming up with an idea for me to blog about. Especially today, 'cause my head is splitting for some reason. (Honest! It wasn't the wine.)
So, thanks Lisa! I think your "getting to know you" quiz is a super idea. I totally encourage you all, my lovely readers, to go visit Lisa's Yummy Mummy Club blog, Party Mummy, to check out her answers and then go back to your own blog and join in the fun.
1. Did you attend Blogher10? No - stop rubbing it in *pout*
2. Are you attending BlissdomCanada this fall? I want to. And seeing as I live in Toronto, there's little excuse for me not to. Except the $300 registration fee. I'm hoping to find a sponsor to make this viable!! (anyone? Bueller ...)
3. When are you at your blogging best – a.m. or p.m.? I think PM - once the wee one is in bed and I can focus on my "me" time
4. How many blogs do you have? (Include the links) Really just this one, though I set one up on wordpress for my gardening stuff, but haven't done anything with it. And I blog for work - but that's boring unless you're trying to get into medical school (let me know if you really want that link!)
5. What technical skill would you like to learn to improve your blog? I'd love to know all about self-hosting and design, so I could make something funky and functional that was all my own.
6. Do you prefer the sound of silence or does action abound while you blog? Definitely silence. I can't have any distractions when I'm writing. Majorly distractable.
7. Do you include the names of your family in your blog? Sometimes. With a handle like "Mom2Michael" I might as well!
8. Do you post pictures or videos of your children? Yes - lots of pictures of my wee one. My big one doesn't like to be blogged about, so I try to control that (he's 15)
9. What’s the grossest thing you’ve spilled on your keyboard? I've been pretty lucky in this area. I spilled coffee on a keyboard once, and it went to keyboard heaven. I drip lots of crumbs in there though (chips, cookies). Gotta love the Cyber Clean!
10. Ever posted something you wrote while intoxicated? Not on my blog. Yes, definitely, on my Twitter
11. Do you go back and edit old posts just because you can? No - never look back baby!
12. Have you ever suspected somebody took something you wrote and pawned it off as their own?
No. That would suck. I don't think I'm popular enough to be plagiarised anyway ... yet. Bwah!
13. Does your spouse read your blog? What do they say about it? No. He has a vague idea that when I'm not tweeting I might be blogging. He's not interested. I'm good with that.
14. What’s something cool/positive/unexpected for you, that has resulted directly from blogging?
This is a harder one. Directly because of blogging, I've gained the opportunity to receive products to try out and review, and have recently been able to run a couple of giveaways. I love winning things, and offering things to others to win is equally as cool! Then there's all the amazing gals I've connected with, but that's only partly blogging and more about Twitter.
15. Link to a post (or two) which demonstrate your writing style:
Pine Cone Bird Feeders
Adventures in Mommyhood ... and pee
16. Name a blog(s) that makes you exclaim, "Damn! I wish I'd written that!"
Sharon DeVellis: The Inside Scoop
OK. So there you go. A little bit about me, just to give you a heads-up/words of warning should you happen to meet me at Blissdom Canada this fall. If you got here through Party Mummy's blog, and made it to the end of this post, and are still thinking I might be an ok gal to hang around, then I'd love if you followed me via Google Friend Connect. And maybe we can, you know, connect :-)