Pretty exciting week around here. We had our first parent-teacher interview for Little Boo. Sadly we have to wait til February for his first report card from JK, but we really appreciated the chance to meet with his teacher and get a peek into his life at school, and to make sure everything's going ok.
Things she told us about Little Boo:
- he reads about 2 grade levels higher than expected
- but he doesn't correct her when she skips something in a book, and doesn't dominate the classroom even when he knows the answers
- he loves music and instruments
- he is a lady's man
- he has issues with invading others' personal space (I have next to no personal space, so he may get this from me - we'll have to work on that)
- he is popular with the other kids (yay!)
- he is funny and likes to make people happy
- he is stubborn (but so is she, and she said this with a smile on her face)
- he is improving with transitions
- he is very kind
- he likes to move
So, pretty much a lot of stuff we already knew about our little darling. But it's so nice to know he is fitting in fine in the classroom and not being disruptive. We were a little worried about that with his apparent ADHD. Teacher seems to like him just fine and appreciates his personality.
Plus she's stubborn enough to put him in his place when necessary too. It's all good :-)