As you all know, I am the lone female in this house. Well, if you don't count my oldest cat. She's not much help anyways. There are certain things that these boys do, or don't do, that really drive me crazy. And because I know you love to hear me rant, I thought I'd share a few of the things that are driving me particularly crazy these days, in no particular order.
- Leaving the toilet seat up. Yes, I know this is cliche. But in a house with two cats who like to play in open toilet bowls and then leave messy little kitty paw prints all over the house, this becomes a bigger issue. I am really getting sick of closing the lids every time I walk by.
- And while we're in the bathroom, how about the inability to replace the toilet paper roll. OK, so the 4yo seems to have mastered this one, but not the teenager or the hubs. How freaking difficult is it to put the new roll on the holder? I mean really!
- Dirty dishes that make their way to the top of the dirty dishwasher, but never quite make it inside.
- Empty ice cube trays sitting on the counter. Every. Freaking. Morning.
- Open cupboard doors
- Complete inability to see that a task is needing to be done. Even though it's right in front of their face.
- Having to point out those tasks and request/demand/nag the boys do them.
- Shoes in the middle of the living room
- Little clips and tags from new or newly drycleaned shirts all over my dresser. There's a garbage can TWO FEET away. Why do I have to pick these up and throw them out on a daily basis?????
Whew. I feel a little better now. Thanks for listening.
You know, looking at that list, it's really a lot of tasks half-done, not following through. So is it really a commitment issue with them?? Just askin'
Disclaimer: I do love all my boys. Honest. But they are making me insane!!!