At any rate, for those of you who are sticking around home for the break, especially if you have the kids home with you rather than off at camp or daycare, you will be looking for things to do keep them occupied. There are certainly lots of events and structured activities planned in most areas. I thought I'd post with a little list of some of the options in my neck of the woods.
- For some indoor fun, while perhaps Mom gets some errands run too, check out the mall! A number of local malls have entertainment planned, from Mad Science, to Birds of Prey, magic shows,clowns, crafts & karaoke, there's lots to do. Details for three locations are below:
- Interested in some free musical entertainment? Canadian Children's Group of the Year Splash N' Boots are performing free March Break concerts at branches of the Toronto Public Library. Two of these shows will be in Scarborough:
- Cedarbrae Library (545 Markham Rd.) at 10am on March 13
- Maryvale Library (85 Ellesmere Rd, Unit 16) at 2pm on March 13
- The Scarborough Historical Museum is holding a March Break camp, where children ages 5-12 can experience the life of an early settler, take nature walks, make early settler toys, etc. Information and registration through the City of Toronto Parks & Rec website.
- For some fresh air and outdoor learning, why not try a guided walk in Rouge Park? Walks begin at 9:30am each day and go for about 2 hours. Dress for the weather! And they require RSVPs at least one day in advance. Details online.
- Of course, our favourite outdoor activity is a trip to the Toronto Zoo. They are open 9:30am-6:00pm daily. We plan to head there on Sunday, since the weather is predicted to be so gorgeous. I think the highlight will be seeing the baby polar bear. Although there is a special bat exhibit I think, so Little Boo will be happy about that.
- And when you are done your day of activities, you have to eat, right? Well, East Side Mario's is giving families a break this week - Kids Eat Free March 12-16! The deal is you will receive one free Mini Mario's Meal with each purchase of $14.99 or more. Dine-in only. Our Scarborough location is at Eglinton/Warden.
March Break for us will be a little different than for most. Little Boo will be in daycare all week, as, technically, Hubs and I are both working. BUT. Mommy is actually taking a little break for herself and spending two nights at a B&B with some girlfriends.
It's a Mommy March Break in 2012! And, believe me, Mommy really needs it!
So, what about you and yours? Any big plans for the break? Or is it business as usual around your neck of the woods?