The Language and Learning Lab at the University of Toronto is currently recruiting infants & children to participate in their research studies. The aim of the research is to gain a better understanding of how children learn and communicate, and how young children learn about the world around them.
This research explores the way that infants and children begin to
• Use words and other symbols to communicate
• Understand references to absent objects, people, and events
• Update their knowledge from what others tell them
• Learn new information from picture books
• Understand the intentions of others during communication
All of these are topics I was particularly concerned about in the first few years of Little Boo's life. The more we know the more we can help them learn effectively, I believe.
If you are interested in learning more about these studies or would like your wee ones to participate, you can visit their website: http://www.