So, instead of just backpacks and pencils and new sneakers and jeans, this year there's a whole dorm room to be fit out and decorated. He's heading a couple of hours away from home and will be living in a suite-style dorm with a shared kitchen area. And a bedroom surrounded by bare walls. As a mom, I want my kids to be comfortable, and I want his dorm room to feel welcoming and to encourage productivity. A few touches from home and some decoration to brighten the place up should help. He's picked out his comforter and pillows to make his bed a comfy place to relax, and we've pulled together a couple of lamps and other bits and bobs as well.
To deal with those bare walls, framed photos and posters are a great solution. Posterjack.ca offers the following tips to deal with dreary dorm room decor:
1. Art Shelf – Create an art shelf with Framed Photos and Photoboards of everyone back at home.
2. Add personality without the paint – Create a great accent wall in a dorm room with a large Peel & Stick Poster. Peel & Sticks are safe to use on any surface (won’t mark the walls) and are re-stickable up to 200 times.
3. Canvas collage –Send your son/daughter to school with a collage of your favourite family memories on a Canvas Print. Posterjack’s Collage Designer makes it easy to create.
4. Photo Clothesline - Decorate your dorm room from one end to another with string, clothes pins and your favourite Fine Art Prints.
5. Clipboard gallery wall - Create a gallery wall that’s easy to change up as you create new memories. Simply layer different sizes of Posters and Fine Art Prints on top of a clipboard.
Ordering dorm room décor from Posterjack is as easy as 1,2,3!
- Upload your photo
- Select your product and size
- Posterjack delivers right to your door
I think the Peel & Stick Posters are an especially good bet for a dorm room, since they require no hanging hardware and can be safely applied and peeled off, then re-applied without damaging surfaces. I'm sure the residence managers will appreciate that! You can do an accent wall as pictured here, or print your photos in a variety of regular poster sizes. I've had great experience with Posterjack in the past, and you can check out my reviews here and here.
A GiveawayWhether you have a kid heading off to a dorm room of their own, or you'd just like to spice up your own walls, Posterjack is here to help. They've graciously provided me with a gift code for one lucky reader. The code is good for $50 in product, plus free shipping, and is valid until Oct. 31, 2013. Entries are via the Rafflecopter widget below and will be accepted until 12:00 midnight EDT, September 10. Giveaway open to Canadian residents only. Best of luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway