Is mealtime a struggle in your house? Do you worry about picky eaters or are you just simply so rushed some days you find it hard to get a healthy, balanced meal on the table and have the time to eat it as well? As moms we definitely worry about keeping our families healthy, and feeding them nutritious and delicious meals they will actually eat is a big part of that. With Little Boo's pickiness, combined with loss of appetite because of his medication, his dad and I are both always fussing about his food intake.
A new survey commissioned by Bayer Healthcare Consumer Care shows that –
- 67 per cent of Canadian moms with kids 10 and under say healthy meals for their kids are often compromised because of busy and hectic schedules.
- 55 per cent of moms agreed their kids are getting enough vitamin A, while only 41 per cent said their kids are getting enough zinc. Both of these help to maintain healthy immune function.
- Almost two thirds of moms agreed that they have added other ingredients to vegetables to make them taste better.
Flintstones Gummies Plus Immunity Support from Bayer are formulated with Zinc and extra Vitamin C to give kids an immune boost, which is great for all kids, but especially for those who may not be getting the most balanced diet. With the change of season, dry recirculated indoor air, and the close confines of classrooms, supporting a strong immune system is increasingly important at this time of year.
Did You Know? (courtesy of Flintstones)
- Our daily diet probably isn't that different from what our ancestors ate in the Stone Age. A balanced and healthy diet still consists of foods from the four main food groups — Fruits and Vegetables, Grains, Meats and Alternatives, and Dairy and Alternatives.
- A diet full of vitamins and minerals is one of the things that can help keep the body healthy and strong.
- Being active is part of a healthy lifestyle. Since we don’t use our feet to drive our cars, try and get a few extra steps in every day with your children by taking the stairs, walking to school and enjoying other activities as a family.
- Children can come into contact with germs throughout their day. FLINTSTONES™ Gummies Plus Immunity Support can’t protect your child from germs or from getting sick, but it can help maintain their immune system.
- Here are some germ-fighting tips: Children should wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, rubbing their hands together to create a lather, then rinsing well under warm water. Be aware of germs in the playground and at school and encourage your children to not put their hands or toys in their mouths
One lucky, local Raising My Boys reader will receive an ultimate fun activity package for family fun in Toronto, courtesy of Flintstone's vitamins. The prize will include a family pack of tickets to the Royal Ontario Museum (dinosaurs!!) plus a food delivery of smoothie ingredients from Grocery Gateway, along with a healthy smoothie recipe to try. Fuel up before you hit the ROM!
Since this prize is local to the Toronto area, please be sure that Grocery Gateway delivers to your postal code. You can check this out on their website.
Entries are via the Rafflecopter widget below and will be accepted until 12:00 midnight EST, November 30. Giveaway is open to Canadian residents only, excluding Quebec. Winner must be within the Grocery Gateway delivery zone.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: My family has also received a complimentary "ultimate fun activity" package as a thank you for this post. No other compensation has been or will be received. All opinions on this blog, as always, remain my own.