Now we're at a stage where Little Boo no longer wakes us up at 5am, but I've developed insomnia. Not every night, but often enough. I've talked about this before - one of my perimenopause symptoms. It's rotten, and totally foreign to me. I just find it so hard some nights to shut down my brain and drift off to sleep. I'm trying different things to help, including the new Febreze Sleep Serenity line of products.
This is a new line from Febreze, specifically designed to eliminate odours and fill the bedroom with long lasting, relaxing scents that don’t overpower. Available in a bedside diffuser, bedroom mist, bedroom diffuser, or bedding refresher, the Febreze Sleep Serenity collection includes Moonlit Lavender, Warm Milk & Honey, and Quiet Jasmine scents. Quiet Jasmine is my favourite, and I love burying my face in this soft scent on my pillow. The scents are indeed relaxing, and I find they contribute to making my bedroom a comforting and peaceful place where I can get a good night's rest.
- Establish a regular bedtime: Try to go to sleep and wake up at the same time each day, even on the weekends. Trying to catch up on sleep on the weekends can actually have a reverse effect on the body, and make you feel more tired when Monday rolls around.
- Create a sleep haven: Create an environment that promotes sleep – one that is quiet, dark, cool and comfortable. Fresh sheets, cooling pillows and black out shades seem to do the trick.
- Fill the air: Incorporate soothing fragrances into your bedtime routine to help relax and unwind. Febreze Sleep Serenity collection’s calming scents in Moonlit Lavender, Warm Milk & Honey and Quiet Jasmine help create a soothing bedtime atmosphere.
- Exercising: Getting your body moving is one of the best things you can do to help you sleep. Exercise anytime, as long as it doesn't cut into your shuteye.
- Nighttime beverages: Avoid drinking caffeinated drinks such as coffee, tea and soft drinks after noon. Caffeine-free herbal tea or warm milk are great options prior to nestling into your sheets.
The caffeinated beverages is a big one for me as well. I used to drink cappucinos before bed, but now if I have tea after about 7pm I'm up half the night. Getting older sure does strange things to the body!
A GiveawayCould you use some help falling asleep? Want to bring some serenity to your bedroom? One lucky Raising My Boys reader will receive a Febreze Sleep Serenity prize pack, valued at approx. $40, and including nine new products:
|photo credit: Mom Vs. The Boys|
Entries are via the Rafflecopter widget below, and will be accepted until 12:00 midnight EST, November 23. Giveaway is open to Canadian residents only, excluding Quebec. Best of luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I am a P&Gmom. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events and opportunities. The opinions on this blog, as always, remain my own. By entering this contest you are accepting that, if you win, your contact information will be shared with a P&G PR and shipping agency for the purpose of mailing your prize. Please allow 4-6 weeks from the contest closure date to receive your prize. This giveaway may appear on other blogs as part of the #PGmom program. However, to be fair, you can only win once per giveaway. If your name is chosen more than once, another winner will be selected. All winners must be from within Canada excluding Quebec.