Frozen is classic Disney, with great characters, and excellent story, awesome animation, and very memorable original songs. We saw it in 3D, which is not usually my fave, but the technology was used so well in this case. We aren't talking about things flying at your face here, making you duck and cringe. The 3D is used to beautiful effect to add depth to the stunning frozen landscape. Visually a really amazing film, which does make you almost feel the cold. The end credits had barely started when Boo looked at me and announced, "I can't wait for this to come out on DVD!" I think he liked it :)
But, as much as we loved this movie, I'm not necessarily such a huge fan of the frozen winter weather. And we certainly get a good dose of it in Canada! To help Canadians get their dose of vitamin D and take the edge off of our own frozen home and native land, Travelocity.ca and Disney are offering Canadians a chance to get “Frozen," then thaw out with an all expense paid trip to a sunny destination.
With the theatrical release of Disney’s film Frozen on November 27, Travelocity.ca will launch a contest on Facebook, giving Canadians the chance to win a family trip for four to Mexico or the Dominican Republic. To enter, simply upload your favourite beach photo and add Travelocity.ca’s own Roaming Gnome. Each unique photo submission gives users one entry into a draw for the grand prize of a week in the sunny south this winter. Five secondary prizes will be awarded including a Disney video game and Frozen prize packs.
“This is the first time we've partnered with Disney in Canada and the relationship is fitting,” said Brian Simpson, Resident Travel Expert, Travelocity.ca. “As temperatures here start to plunge, Canadians will long for the warmth of the sun, mirroring the storyline of Disney’s Frozen cast as they search for an escape from their eternal winter.”
To coincide with the Facebook contest, Travelocity.ca is also offering Canadians the chance to escape winter with its Frozen sale. The sale, which includes most sun destinations, offers $50 off a $350 hotel booking, and $100 off a $1,500 Flight + Hotel booking, as well as a Frozen prize pack.
As it happens, we are planning to escape the Canadian winter freeze with a trip to Disneyworld in January. It won't be hot, but it will be a whole lot less frozen than home! Here are some other tempting ideas of great sun destinations to get you out of our winter freeze, if only for a week:
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic: This winter, get “unfrozen” lying down on the Caribbean beach. There is so much to do from partying with friends and family to snorkeling with all the exotic sea creatures. There are many options for all inclusive vacations for your convenience.
- Miami, Florida: From the beach to hotels, restaurant and attractions, Miami offers everything you need for a warm getaway. It brings you hot weather and even hotter nightlife. You can also enjoy golfing in the sunlight, which you won’t be able to do in Canada.
- St. Barthelemy/St. Barths: Just picture yourself surrounded by luxury yachts filling the harbor of Gustavia, the capital of St. Barts. Whether it is music or dance, there’s a plenty of festive activities to enjoy. It is one of the world’s most glamorous destinations and it will surely warm you up this cold winter.
- Thailand: Whether it is elephant trekking through rainforests, shopping in colourful markets or relaxing on the sandy beach, Thailand has everything that you seek in a winter vacation sun destination. In addition to all the low key activities, there is also a great nightlife scene too.
- Mediterranean Cruise: There are no better plans than soaking up the sun while you’re cruising around the Mediterranean coast. With warm climate and exotic ports to see, Mediterranean Cruise vacation is a perfect way to get “unfrozen” and relax without really having to do too much.
I feel warmer already!
Disclosure: I received complimentary passes to a special screening of Frozen. No other compensation was received. All opinions on this blog, as always, remain my own.