But we didn't give up on sport. He moved on to karate and kept with that into his early teens, when he left, as a black belt, to move into high school football and rugby. Boo is now following in his big brother's karate footsteps.
Sports are an important part of children’s lives, teaching them communication skills, teamwork and discipline, as well as keeping them healthy and active. Whatever sport is right for your kids, you know you'll be there every step of the way, chauffeur, cheerleader, team snack maker. Maybe you'll even jump in as a coach!
On March 17th, P&G launched The House that Mom Built, a website where Canadians can celebrate minor league Hockey Moms, showing the carpool queen, the tournament manager, the official cheerleader and after-game snack maker how important they are by virtually raising their name in the rafters.
As a cheerleader, coach and mom she takes on many roles – even equipment manager – so Tide, Downy, Febreze, Bounty and Puffs are here to help. To help out all athlete moms, P&G created the ultimate tip sheet to take you from the change room to the laundry room at home and help make caring for your athlete a little easier:
- Skates are expensive. To save blades from rusting wipe them down after each and every skate but be careful - they’re sharp. Try using Bounty Duratowels which are tough enough to wipe them off. For efficiency, keep a roll in hockey bags.
- The lingering smell of hockey equipment in the car is only made worse when the heat is turned on high in the winter. To get rid of car odour, try Febreze Car Vent Clip Air Freshener for 30 days of fresh scent.
- Runny nose after being in the cold arena? Coffee spill in the car? You’ll never have to search for a tissue with Puffs Car Cup – tissues specifically designed to fit in the cup holder of your vehicle.
- Jerseys and socks soak up the sweat, snacks, beverages, and worst of all, the odour that comes with being an athlete. To keep their uniform looking bright and smelling fresh, throw them in the washing machine with detergent specially designed for sportswear. Don’t forget to sprinkle in a little love and lasting scent with Downy Unstopables for freshness that releases as kids move!
- Wet equipment left in a hockey bag after a game or practice is a breeding ground for odour-causing bacteria. To prevent odour, air out all equipment after every practice and game on a drying rack. After taking the equipment out of the bag, try spraying all equipment (even soles inside the skates) with Febreze Fabric Refresher Extra Strength for long lasting freshness. For a safety net, keep the to-go version in your purse for a burst of freshness anytime.
Whether you’re a hockey mom yourself, or know one in the community, it’s important to celebrate each other for the big and little things moms do to make life easier. Visit the House that Mom Built site and enter the name of a mom you want to celebrate. You’ll receive an email that includes a custom Facebook banner for the hockey mom. Please forward the email to the celebrated mom in order to let her know why you think she’s a great hockey mom. She can hang her banner with pride as her Facebook cover photo.
The site is live only until April 13th so be sure to celebrate a hockey mom in your community before it’s too late!
Twitter Party Alert!On Thursday, March 27 at 9 pm EDT, Canadian Hockey Moms blogger, Theresa, will host a hockey mom Twitter party to celebrate hockey moms, share tips and reflect on the season past. She’ll be joined by P&G Mom blogger hockey moms: Maija @MommyMoments, Stacey @diduknowcanada and Sheri @kidsumers. You must RSVP to be eligible for prizing. Everyone's welcome to come chat, but prizing is available to Canadian residents only, excluding Quebec.
A GiveawayI have a P&G Hockey Mom Survival Kit for one of my readers as well. This giveaway is valued at approximately $40 and includes:
Tide plus Febreze Freshness Sport HE 2.04L Active Fresh Scent - $12.97*
Febreze Fabric Refresher Extra Strength Original Scent 85 mL To Go - $2.49*
Febreze Fabric Refresher Extra Strength Original Scent 500 mL - $6.39*
Febreze Car Vent Clip Air Freshener Linen & Sky 2mL – $3.97*
Bounty DuraTowels White Paper Towels 2 King Rolls 49 Sheets – $3.47*
Downy Unstopables 375g – $7.97**
Puffs Car Cup 32 ply Tissue
*Pricing at the discretion of the retailer.
** Scent & packaging may vary.
Entries are via the Rafflecopter widget below and will be accepted until 12:00 midnight EDT, April 8. Giveaway is open to Canadian residents only, excluding Quebec. Best of luck!
Disclosure: I am a P&Gmom. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events and opportunities. The opinions on this blog, as always, remain my own. By entering this contest you are accepting that, if you win, your contact information will be shared with a P&G PR and shipping agency for the purpose of mailing your prize. Please allow 4-6 weeks from the contest closure date to receive your prize. This giveaway may appear on other blogs as part of the #PGmom program. However, to be fair, you can only win once per giveaway. If your name is chosen more than once, another winner will be selected. All winners must be from within Canada excluding Quebec.
a Rafflecopter giveaway