This winter has certainly put many of us (all of us?) in the mood to escape. We made our escape back in January when we headed to Orlando & Disney for a week. It wasn't hot, but it was mostly quite warm, and definitely far warmer than the frigid temperatures experienced back home. It seems like a lifetime ago now.
In preparation for the trip away from winter I headed to the spa for a pedicure and major waxing operation. (Side note - you are never more aware of the size of your thighs than when someone is waxing their ample girth.) During the summer months I'll use a hair removal cream between spa waxings (couldn't be bothered during the colder months when my legs are always covered), but I've never had a lot of luck with waxing my legs at home. Until now, it seems.
Church & Dwight sent me a big package of goodies to try out when I signed on as a brand ambassador. In that package was Nair's Brazilian Spa Clay Body Wax Strips. This past Saturday I decided to give them a go, and I was really impressed with the process and the results. They were simple to use - simply warm the strips by rubbing between your hands until the "Nair" printing disappears, then press in the direction of hair growth and pull off against the growth. I liked that the strips didn't feel as sticky as other wax strips I've tried, and yet they easily and thoroughly removed the hair. The strips are infused with moisturizing mango butter, açai berry and mineral-rich clay, which meant my legs felt soft and silky even before using the included post-waxing wipes.
I still find it awkward to wax the backs of my legs, but that's about me rather than the product. The Nair Brazilian Spa Clay strips did a great job with way less pain than a spa waxing. It was easier than I thought it would be, and so far I am really impressed with the results. I'll keep an eye to see how long the results last, but there's certainly no sign of regrowth yet.
Now, it doesn't look like we'll be baring our legs locally any time soon, but if you're planning a warm getaway for spring break, here are some insider tips and further information on the Brazilian Spa Clay products from Church & Dwight and beauty expert, Rhonda Shupe, to get you ready for the beach, bikinis and bare legs.
1) Choose a method that best suits your hair removal needs. If you’re headed on vacation a big concern is how to maintain soft and smooth skin when on the go. “When travelling, wax strips are best because they are small, quick and easy to use,” says Rhonda. She suggests using easy-to-pack wax strips, like Nair Brazilian Spa Clay Body Wax Strips, “they can be easily tucked away and are warmed through the friction of massaging the strip between hands.”*
2) With so many options and formulations to choose from, Rhonda advises picking one with added benefits – especially for the face. “With a sensitive formula, Nair Brazilian Spa Clay Face Trio provides three easy steps to remove unwanted hair in minutes with a balm, cream and moisturizer to give you the perfect finish.” To top it off, the ingredients include mango butter, açai berry and mineral-rich clay for antioxidant protection.
3) Hold the skin taut to prevent muscle slackening and bruising. “In fact, the tighter you hold the skin, the less pain you’ll feel,” says Rhonda.
4) Relax – you’re about to head out on vacation. “If you’re feeling stressed or anxious, give yourself a bit of time to calm down,” says Rhonda. “Stress, in fact, magnifies discomfort as nerve endings become more acute.”
* Always read and follow the directions and warning copy on the package.
Disclosure: I am a member of the Church & Dwight Ambassador Program, and as such receive special perks, products, and other compensation for my participation. All opinions on this blog, as always, remain my own.