Canadian winters can indeed be downright ruthless, putting both your mind and body to the test. While we all like to think of ourselves as winter warriors, sometimes our immune systems start to crack under pressure. Protect your family from the cold and flu this winter by recognizing the telltale signs, taking preventative measures and acting fast.
Cold and Flu 101:
Think you might be on the verge of something you would rather avoid? Look out for these symptoms as signs that you might be losing the battle:
Aches and Pains
Follow these simple tips and you might be able to avoid what’s going around.
- Sleep – Everyone needs a good night’s sleep; proper shut-eye allows your body to rest and keeps your immune system strong
- Multivitamin – A multivitamin can certainly help maintain good health and it’s important to have one that you’ll enjoy and remember to take. Vitafusion™ MultiVites™ adult gummy vitamins (yes, gummies for big kids!) contain the essential vitamins you need. For the kids, try L’il Critters™ GummyVites™. Kids love the flavour so much that if you forget to give them their vitamins, they’ll remind you!
- Exercise – With a busy routine maintaining an exercise schedule can feel like a chore, but regular exercise is an easy way to keep your body strong, helping your immune system fight off illnesses such as a cold or flu(1)
- Wash your hands – Your best protection from the common cold and flu is frequent hand washing
- Treatment: With ingredients like ginger and willow bark, Gravol’s® Natural Source Multi Symptom will help you kick that cold to the curb. This all-in-one pain, fever and nausea reliever won’t leave you feeling drowsy either, because we all know you've got a million things to do
- Exercise: Just as much of a preventative measure as it is a solution; don’t let sore muscles and joints stop you from being active. Bring out the triple threat - RUB A535® Triple Action Cream cools, warms and soothes to keep you going. Exercising will help your body fight the cold, improve your mood, boost your energy and help you sleep(2), a win-win situation
- Drink Fluids: Just like your parents always said, drink lots of hot liquids to soothe your throat, thin your mucus and put you on the road to recovery
- Vitamin C: No time to peel 10 tangerines? Try Vitafusion™ Power C™ adult gummy vitamins to up your vitamin C intake. Delicious orange flavour and yummy gummy texture will make remembering to take them the easiest thing you do today
2 "Exercise: 7 Benefits of Regular Physical Activity." Mayo Clinic. http://www.mayoclinic.org/exercise/art-20048389
Two lucky Raising My Boys readers will receive the following Winter Warriors prize pack valued at approximately $100 each, courtesy of Church & Dwight:
- Vitafusion™ MultiVites™
- L’il Critters™ GummyVites™
- Vitafusion™ Power C™
- RUB A535® Triple Action Cream
- RUB A535® Arnica Gel-Cream
- RUB A535® Arnica Spray
- Gravol® Natural Source Multi-Symptom Tablets
- Gravol® Kids Quick Dissolve Chewable Tablets
- Gravol® Liquid Gel Capsules
- Vitafusion™ T-shirt
Entries are via the Rafflecopter widget below and will be accepted until 12:00 midnight EDT, March 25. Giveaway is open to Canadian residents only, excluding Quebec. Best of luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I am a member of the Church & Dwight Ambassador Program, and as such receive special perks, products, and other compensation for my participation. All opinions on this blog, as always, remain my own.