There's a whole other kind of back to school preparation that goes on when you have kids going off to college or university. We experienced this for the first time last year when we sent the Teen off to college for the first time. Their education-based needs are certainly different, including a laptop and printer in most cases, and if they will be living away from home you have a whole other set of concerns to think about.
Will they be living in a house needing furnishing? An apartment needing cooking utensils? Or maybe a dorm room in desperate need of a touch of personality to make it feel a little less institutional? Whatever the specifics, it's important to get the right pieces in place to make sure your son or daughter has a comfortable and welcoming place to live and study during the school year. They'll need the basics of course, like linens and cookware, but adding some personality goes a long way to making them feel at home as well, especially if they are moving in to a generic dorm room.
A little decoration goes a long way, and Posterjack has 5 photo art tips to make the most of a small dorm space:
1. Make it feel bigger with reflections - Metal Prints and Lacquer Frames catch and reflect light which can make a space feel bigger.
2. Make a statement - on oversized Poster makes a statement and also creates a focal point, tricking the eye into thinking the room is bigger than it is.
3. Create continuity - use a collection of Canvas Prints that have the same soft colours and are the same size for a natural flow throughout the room.
4. Add personality without the paint - create a great accent wall without the paint or damage with Peel & Sticks.
5. Inspiration boards - create a collage of all the people, places and things that inspire you – perfect for above a desk or workspace.
Your kids can apply these ideas using favourite photos from their personal collection. Maybe some family pics, maybe some vacation memories. Whatever the subject matter, decorating a dorm with photo art from Posterjack is as easy as 1,2,3:
1. Upload a photo
2. Select your print and size
3. Sit back as Posterjack delivers right to your door
Why not get started today?
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by Posterjack.ca. All opinions on this blog, as always, remain my own.