I've been thoroughly enjoying the warmer weather these past few weeks. I am a true summer girl and a bit of a sun worshiper, spending as many waking hours outside as possible this time of year. With gardening, playgrounds, pool time, the beach, long dog walks, and more, I get a lot of fresh air and physical activity. And that is great, but it's easy to get busy and forget to do things like eat. I try to make snacking easy by keeping lots of fresh fruit and berries on hand, washed and ready to grab on the go. And I am extra careful to keep my water bottle close by as well.
Summer in many ways is the easiest time of year to stay healthy, but it poses risks as well. Here are 5 tips from Church & Dwight to help you have a super summer while staying super healthy.
- The Importance of Water: Drinking lots of water will keep you hydrated and help cool you down on those hot, humid days. It’s important to refuel your body so you can keep your energy levels up, up, up!
- Sunny Days Are Here, in Moderation: Throughout those long winter months, we often find ourselves craving the warm embrace of the sun - but too much of a good thing can lead to problems. Find a stylish sun hat, wear sunscreen and rock some cool shades while outdoors to protect you and your kids from the harmful rays. During peak times, go inside and cool off with a refreshing glass of lemonade.
- Don’t Forget Your Vitamins: In the winter, we always make sure to take our daily vitamins to keep ourselves as healthy as possible during those cold months, but it’s just as important to maintain this routine in the summer. Spend those glorious days of freedom feeling your best. Vitafusion™ Men’s Complete Multivitamin and Women’s Complete Multivitamin are a quick and delicious way to ensure you get your daily dose of vitamins all year round!
- You Are What You Eat: Summer is the perfect excuse to expand your diet. With so many wonderful and tasty fruits and vegetables in season, there are a ton of options to meet every need. Strawberries are at their prime in June, which means not only are they at their best, but they’re also readily available at a good price.
- Work It!: The cold months of winter make it hard to get motivated to do anything active, especially going to the gym. This summer, skip the gym and head outside! Walking through trails, going for a run or even gardening in your backyard – there are so many reasons to head outside and get active.
Disclosure: I am a member of the Church & Dwight Ambassador Program, and as such receive special perks, products, and other compensation for my participation. All opinions on this blog, as always, remain my own.