This past weekend Boo and I attended the grand opening of the new Shoppes of Angus Glen Optometry. The business is owned by a husband & wife team of optometrists who provide quality eye care and fashionable lenses and sunglasses for families. We tried on lots of frames. Lots. Here are our favourites, which we had posted on Facebook for some crowd-sourced advice.
|All gorgeous designer frames from Prada, Michael Kors, and Tory Burch. I think the MK in the upper right are my faves.|
1. Face shape is an important consideration. Frames that contrast the natural shape of your face are best. For example, square faces are flattered by oval or round frames, while rounder faces are more suited to rectangular frames.
2. Eyes should be well-centered in the frame. A frame too wide may make the eyes seem to close together
3. Don't be afraid to have fun! Glasses are such an important accessory, worn on a daily basis for many, so having more than one pair to change up the mood or feel for the day is great. Glasses are an investment and since they are worn on your face, they should also reflect your personality. Don't be afraid of colour, bold looks and trying something outside your comfort zone.
4. Sunglasses are just as important as your regular glasses. Just like sunscreen protects your skin, sunglasses protect your eyes! Have fun with the beautiful bold colours and over-sized styles.
5. Glasses are a great accessory to put a finishing touch on any outfit. And especially for us busy moms - you can run out of the house without make up and in sweats and t-shirt and transform the look with a gorgeous pair of glasses.
If you are in the market for new eyeglasses, or in need of an eye exam, I encourage you to drop by the Shoppes of Angus Glen Optometry. They are easy to get to, at 9980 Kennedy Road (at Major MacKenzie) in Markham, and you can get your exam and pick out your glasses with the help of the experienced staff all in one location. Plus, from now until July 15th, you can save 20% on your purchase! Just print and bring in this ad to receive your discount:
And do you see that amazing contest in the ad?? Until June 28 (midnight Eastern), you can enter their Father's Day Giveaway for the chance to win a pair of Oakley sunglasses and a round of golf for 2 people at Angus Glen Golf Club - value $600! The contest is open on their Facebook page so hurry over and enter! Best of luck!
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Shoppes of Angus Glen Optometry. All opinions on this blog, as always, remain my own.