One tool I did not have in my arsenal at the time, which likely would have been a great help - an ovulation predictor kit. For anyone in my situation, with a less than cooperative menstrual cycle but otherwise able to conceive in theory, having the ability to test at home for the hormones that indicate impending ovulation is huge. Knowing when you have the best chance of conception can help bring that baby home sooner rather than later, which is exactly what we want.
FIRST RESPONSE™ is a trusted name in both ovulation prediction and pregnancy tests. They offer the following information and tips on getting pregnant.
For all couples trying to conceive, there are some general guidelines to consider:
- 30% get pregnant within the first cycle (about one month)
- 59% get pregnant within three cycles (about three months)
- 80% get pregnant within six cycles (about six months)
- 85% get pregnant within 12 cycles (about one year)
- 91% get pregnant within 36 cycles (about three years)
- 93-95% get pregnant within 48 cycles (about four years)
- Start with a pre-pregnancy trip to a trusted doctor. A credible doctor will be able to discuss the most important topics when it comes to conceiving, like menstrual cycle timing and regularity, parents’ medical history, exercise, eating habits and more.
- Lead a healthy and happy lifestyle. Simple changes like getting more sleep, and spending extra time with friends and family can do wonders for the body. Reducing stress is another important element as stress can cause irregular ovulation and can disrupt a woman’s menstrual cycle, affecting overall fertility.
- Understand your peak fertile days. If a woman knows her most fertile days, it can help speed up the pregnancy and planning process. The FIRST RESPONSE™ Digital Ovulation Predictor Test is over 99% accurate for detecting a woman’s personal luteinizing hormone (LH) surge, giving an easy and accurate way to determine the two days a month when each woman is most likely to ovulate. If intercourse happens within the 24-36 hour window, this will maximize her chances of getting pregnant.
Disclosure: I am a member of the Church & Dwight Ambassador Program, and as such receive special perks, products, and other compensation for my participation. All opinions on this blog, as always, remain my own.