Needless to say, the arrival of Reese Spreads in Canada was kind of a big deal around here. Boo's new favourite snack is a Reese Peanut Butter Cup Sandwich. White bread and Reese Spreads for the win!! It really does taste just like the peanut butter cups, with a smooth, spreadable texture, and you can use it in so many ways. Try it on waffles with sliced banana for a yummy brunch, dip some apple slices or pretzels, spread it on a cracker, or incorporate it in recipes, like the one I'll share below. Personally, I do spoon it. A big spoon of this spread has made a great fix for my hormonal chocolate cravings, I have to say.
Needless to say, Reese Spreads are for desserts, snacks and treats, not the basis of meals. A serving size of 2 Tablespoons has 190 calories and 19 grams of sugar. But it also has 3 grams of protein and 1 gram of fibre, no trans fats and only 2 grams of saturated fat. And it tastes yummy. Everything in moderation, right?
For a grab and go option you can choose the Reese Snacksters. Each package is divided down the middle with a portion of Reese Spreads on one side and a set of graham cracker dipping sticks on the other. If you run out of the dipping sticks, remember, you can always use your finger :)
Try This Recipe
This recipe is from the Hershey's Kitchens website, where you can find many more ideas for incorporating Reese Spread into your cooking and baking. I think I need to try this Peanut Butter Chocolate and Bacon Appetizer recipe too.
Peanut Butter S’mores Pie
Skill Level: Beginner
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Bake Time: 8 to 10 Minutes
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
1 1/3 cups (325 mL) graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
6 tbsp (90 mL) melted butter
30 regular-size marshmallows
2 cups (500 mL) Hershey’s Semi-Sweet Chipits
3/4 cup (175 mL) 35% whipping cream
1 cup (250 mL) REESE Spreads Peanut Butter Chocolate
1. Mix graham cracker crumbs with sugar; pour butter over top and stir to moisten. Press into 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 8 to 10 minutes until golden and firm; let cool completely.
2. Filling: Place Chipits in heatproof bowl. In saucepan, heat cream until steaming and small bubbles form around inside edge of pan. Pour over chocolate chips; let stand for 5 minutes. Mix until smooth.
3. Stir peanut butter chocolate spread into chocolate mixture; mix until smooth. Scrape into crust, smoothing top. Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes or until just slightly firm.
4. Arrange marshmallows in concentric circles over top. Refrigerate for about 4 hours or until filling is firm (or make ahead and refrigerate overnight).
5. Broil for 1 minute or until marshmallows are golden.
Tip: To save time, use a prepared graham cracker wafer crust.
How would you enjoy the new Reese Spreads? #DoYouSpoon?
A GiveawayWant to try Reese Spreads for yourself? One lucky RMB reader will receive an assortment of Reese Spreads jars and Reese Snacksters. Total prize value is $100. Entries are via the widget below and will be accepted until 11:59pm ET, October 11, 2015. Giveaway open to Canadian residents only, excluding Quebec. Best of luck!
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by Reese Spreads. All opinions on this blog, as always, remain my own.