A couple of months ago Hoover sent me their Floormate SteamScrub 2-in-1 to test out, but I really didn't have a chance to give it a good try until recently. I do love a good steam clean, so I was an eager guinea pig though, and I've been impressed with the results and the features of this model so far.
The machine weighs in at just 8 pounds, so it's nice and light to carry around and easy to maneuver. Even better, you can use it two ways - either as a regular floor model or detach the Lift-Away Steamer and take advantage of hand-held convenience. The Floormate SteamScrub 2-in-1 comes with 12 additional tools and accessories, including a Carpet Glider allowing you to clean your rugs, an Upholstery Cloth, and - what might be my fave - a Tile & Grout Scrub Brush. This has a little something for every job.
|Tools to take your cleaning into all kinds of messy areas. The steel wire brush is great for BBQ grills. And the squeegee can be used for windows, mirrors, or tiles.|
|All of these attachments fit on the back of the steam cleaner. Other tools live in a storage bag that comes with the unit.|
Here are the key features, from the manufacturer:
- Sanitizes, Kills & Removes 99.9% of Harmful Bacteria on sealed hard floors.
- Scrub Brush encased in the foot cuts through the heaviest stains.
- SteamStream™ Technology provides a direct steam spray for tough stains.
- Detachable Steamer lets you steam anywhere with hand-held convenience.
- Steam Tool Kit includes 12 tools and accessories to steam clean everything with ease.
- Trigger Controlled Steam lets you choose the right amount of steam for your floors.
- Lightweight design lets you clean and carry upstairs and downstairs with ease.
- Fast Heating Time has you ready to clean within seconds.
- Twin Tank Technology separates clean water and solution tanks to give you the option to clean with or without solution.
- Tank Capacity is big enough to let you clean all around your home. (true - it doesn't look like a lot of water, but it goes a long way!
- MSRP $199.99
I don't use it for everyday, quick clean-ups, but for a weekly deep clean it's perfect. My only quibble is that it is corded. I've become kind of spoiled with cordless tools lately, so I don't like managing cords while I clean. But that being said, the cord is plenty long and has an excellent reach. I can do pretty much my whole main floor (~500 square feet) from one outlet in the kitchen. This machine will stay in my cleaning regime for a long time!
Disclosure: I received complimentary product for review purposes. All opinions on this blog, as always, remain my own.