It's a toss-up which I love more - coffee or red wine. They each play a very important role in my life, at decidedly different times of the day. One gets me going in the mornings, and helps me find the energy I need to get through my chaos. The other is for relaxing in the evening, calming my racing mind and just enjoying a break. I guess they are kind of like bookends to my day!
With back to school and back ot routine, both of these helpers have renewed importance, but especially the coffee. Getting up early and wrangling Boo onto the school bus on time is a major effort, and without my caffeine fix, it just ain't happening. One cup to get me ready to get him out the door, then a second to kick start my creative side and move on to work. I like my coffee rich and dark, black and sweet. Delicious!
Did you know September 29th is actually National Coffee Day? Of course we shouldn't be surprised this delightful bean has a day all its own. It deserves one, don't you think? Grab a friend and head out for some great conversation and delicious cup of joe.
Here are a few interesting statistics about coffee you can share on your September 29 coffee date:
- Canadians consume an average of 2.8 cups of coffee a day.
- Coffee is good for your memory. A study conducted in Maastricht, Holland found that coffee can combat the forgetfulness that often accompanies aging.
- Coffee helps fight the common cold. Coffee can help cold sufferers feel better faster by relieving the sluggish feeling colds leave behind.
Meanwhile, as much as I love my coffee, it does come with some potential drawbacks. Stained teeth and clothing are definite hazards of my morning habit. (Hmm. Same with red wine, actually!) Here are a few product suggestions from Church & Dwight to help you out.
· Clothing stains. All it takes is a little drip from your mouth to land on your lap or your chest (the worst part is when you don’t even realize it happened). OxiClean™ Colour Shield Liquid features the power of OxiClean™ that reaches deep into fabric fibers to quickly and safely break up and remove stains and keeps colours looking their brightest.
· Teeth stains. Our teeth probably hate us the most for our love of coffee. ARM &HAMMERTM Truly Radiant™ Spinbrush and Truly Radiant™ Whitening & Enamel Strengthening Toothpaste are the perfect pair to fight coffee stains and get to a whiter, brighter smile in just 3 days. ARM & HAMMER™ Truly Radiant™ Spinbrush removes 100% more plaque in hard to reach areas, compared to manual brushing, and ARM & HAMMER™ Truly Radiant™ Whitening & Enamel Strengthening Toothpaste removes stains, while helping remineralize tooth enamel restoring its shine and smoothness.
Other than "not down the front of my shirt," what's your favourite way to enjoy your morning coffee?
Disclosure: I am a member of the Church & Dwight Ambassador Program, and as such receive special perks, products, and other compensation for my participation. All opinions on this blog, as always, remain my own.